Tuesday, July 23, 2013

Peach Cobbler

Yesterday I went to Shoppers with Bryan and Jeanine. Jeanine is my little sister in TBS, and as of Saturday, it is official! She was initiated! Anyway, I digress.  At shoppers I saw some delicious looking peaches, so I bought 4 giant ones.  Later that night, my aunt posted this recipe on my wall.  It was MEANT TO BE! As I was reading, I realized I didn't have any of the King Arthur gf baking mix that was referenced in the recipe. So, naturally, I improvised.  Instead of using the baking mix, I used King Arthur gf flour and 1 tbsp baking powder.  Ultimately, I ended up using this recipe with the gf flour substitute.

The cobbler was AMAZING.  It was a nice golden brown on the top and the inside was sweet.  Where the sugar has caramelized around the edges gave a nice crunch to the soft peaches.  The lemon juice gave a hint of tartness after you ate the peaches.  In hindsight, I think a bit more salt would be appropriate, and some nutmeg.  This was just generally under seasoned.  Also, I wish I had some blueberries present to throw into the mix.  Blueberry peach cobbler just sounds so much better.

PS. Sorry for the descriptors used above. Last weeks episode of Next Food Network Star was about using actual descriptive words (not delicious and awesome) to describe a dish. I tried my hand at it above.

 PPS. Patrick is my lovely model in the photo to the left.

No comments:

Post a Comment